We have partnered with Glassboxx to bring you your favorite horse books in digital and audio formats, easily and securely. CLICK HERE for more information about this FREE APP.
This fabulously illustrated book covers training, conditioning, and competing in all three phases of events: dressage, cross-country, and show jumping. In addition, Dutton includes full chapters describing the special needs of the event horse, with tips and advice from the top experts who make up his internationally respected eventing team—his groom, his farrier, and his veterinarian. You'll find guidance in everything from daily maintenance to braiding and turnout, and from hoof care and studs to common health issues and "vet box" care of your horse during competitions.
With tips for finding the right event prospect, whatever your level of experience, as well as Dutton's own schooling exercises, both on the flat and over fences, the book promises to give you the leg up you need for a safe and confident start in the sport.
Everything You Need to Excel in Eventing including:
Includes 11 of Phillip's Personal Jumping Exercises!
- Tack & Equipment
- Finding the Right Horse
- Putting Together an Eventing Team
- Horse & Rider Fitness
- Basic Dressage Schooling
- Cross-Country: No Fences
- Cross-Country Jumping
- Introduction to Show Jumping
- Mental Preparation for Horse & Rider
- Warming Up for Each Phase
- Riding the Dressage Test
- Walking the Cross-Country Course
- Planning the Show Jumping Round
- Staying Clear and Making Time
- Grooming, Braiding, & Quarter Marks
- Feeding the Working Athlete
- Hoof Maintenance, Shoes, & Studs
- Common Health Problems
- Care of the Event Horse During Competition
- And So Much More!