Exciting ideas for achieving riding and training goals from the master of mental training for the equestrian athlete.
Coach Daniel Stewart, author of the hit mind-and-body equestrian workout Fit and Focused in 52, is back with new plans to power you up, bolster your confidence, and supply you with the mental tools you need to be all you can be, in and out of the saddle. With Coach Stewart's infectious optimism and indomitable sense of fun, readers will find themselves embracing exhilarating changes in their outlook and their abilities. The evolution from “good enough” to “better” begins with:
- Understanding the attributes that create success.
- Comprehending the four stages of competence.
- Improving mindfulness of actions and reactions.
- Identifying good stress and bad stressand handling both.
- Eliminating pressure as a threat.
- Managing nervousness, hesitation, and doubt.
- Overcoming failure and perfectionism.
- Removing limiting beliefs.
- Moving beyond expectations and comparisons to others.
- Becoming a good “mirror” for ourselves and others.
- Beating blind spot biasesbeliefs you're not aware of that harm you.
- Mastering memories and how the brain processes information.
Infusing his words with energy and compassion, Coach Stewart offers everyone a chance of attaining self-fulfillment and joy when working with and riding horses. His concepts are friendly, fun, and easy to implement, making his book chock full of potentialjust like you. Bolder, Braver, Brighter is for every rider seeking improved performance in the saddle and partnership with the horse.
About the Author
Coach Daniel Stewart has been a successful international trainer and instructor for over 30 years, working with riders in the United States, Spain, Portugal, England, Canada, Mexico, Switzerland, Belgium, United Arab Emirates, Greece, and the West Indies. From 1999 to 2007 he coached riders on several US Equestrian Teams at World Championships, World Equestrian Games, and the Olympics. Coach Stewart teaches riding clinics and seminars to thousands of riders each year and is currently a consultant for USA Equestrian and USA pentathlon. He's a sought-after keynote speaker for many national conventions, and is the equestrian sport psychology expert for the USEA, USPC, USHJA, as well as other equestrian associations. Widely considered one of the world's leading experts on equestrian sport psychology, athletics, and performance, Coach Stewart is the author of three books and produces weekly equestrian sport psychology video tips, rider fitness video classes, and instructor certification videos through his Pressure Proof Academy. He teaches multi-day Equestrian Athlete Camps at some of America's most elite athlete training centers, helping riders prove that they are athletes. When not on the road, he resides in Naples, Florida (PressureProofAcademy.com).