, the advice you need to stop worrying
about the environment and start doing
something about saving it — while at the same time saving money! And best of all, your green initiative can begin in the barn, alongside your horse. Who knew the cheapest, easiest planet-friendly practices could revolve around your equestrian passion?
- Do you know what's really in your horse's fly spray, hoof polish, and coat conditioner?
- Ever wonder how what you wear in the barn and on horseback can affect the environment?
- Are you looking for creative ways to reuse old grain bags, supplement buckets, and horseshoes?
- Did you ever consider using bats to control barn pests? Or goldfish to control water troughs?
- Could you use some easy do-it-yourself tips that guarantee better gas mileage when trailering?
With positive-action-packed sections for the barn, the horse, the rider, the farm, and of course trailering and showing “on the road,” you won't find a better practical guide to the very best ways to cleaner, greener, more sustainable stable management and horsekeeping practices. From the simplest recycling techniques to sun and wind power, from basic water conservation to manure management, you'll not only get the low-down on popular eco trends and techniques, you'll find fantastic ideas you never thought of before. Plus, you'll see how businesses, riders, and barn and farm owners throughout the country are already successfully pursuing their own green initiatives. The result? A surefire source of both eco-friendly information and
inspiration. Discover other great ways to become as eco-conscious in the barn and on your horse as you are in your home and in your car--check out Eco-Horsekeeping: Over 100 Budget-Friendly Ways You and Your Horse Can Save the Planet.
Printed on 100% Post-Consumer Recycled Paper